Saturday, October 13, 2012

Breast Cancer Awarness

   This morning I decided to volunteer with my RSO YBBW. I was really excited to walk for Breast Cancer Awareness and participate in my first volunteer event with this group. It was a 3 mile walk and I went wrapped in my blue Columbia with my pink WMU hoodie underneath with my black cloth boots. Let’s just say I didn't check the weather...When the 20 people from the organization showed up at the site, it was POURING DOWN RAIN! Kailyn and I started to get iffy about walking; but we showed our faces so we were too embarrassed to leave. The kickoff before the walk was an hour and the walk was an hour. Very great turnout but I was soaked. My poor boots was filled with water and everyone was walking like they had something up there butt from being so wet/cold. I felt so accomplished once it was over and that was definitely my workout for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment