Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Analyzing Songs

  When the website for analyzing songs was pulled up today, I thought that was very interesting that's available for people to use.  In High School I had to analyze a song and I truly feel songs are the hardest to analyze because there not as long as books or movies, but there's so many meanings behind it.  I learned a great new resource to use if I ever have to analyze a song; which we have to do in art a lot.  I've heard the "In Paris" song by Jay Z and Kanye billions of times and I had no idea that was the true meaning behind it.  You mentioned how there's many articles about the title with the N word in it and how people feel that song makes it okay to use that word.  I've seen a lot of You Tube videos about that same topic and even if Jay Z/Kanye's song had a lot of meaning, the word shouldn't of been put in the title out of all places.

No comments:

Post a Comment