Sunday, September 16, 2012

College English isn't bad at all! (:


When I first seen my schedule during orientation, I realized I had English, and I had no idea what to expect. I kept wondering is it going to be hard? Are they going to make us read a book every few days? Are they going to make us write a billion and one papers weekly? I love to write, but I'm not much of a reader because reading things like The Odyssey or other Greek Mythology books in Freshmen AP English killed it for me. I had mixed feelings about this class, yet I love it. I never wrote a blog for English class: so this is all new, yet it’s kind've easy because I get to express how I feel about various topics. Writing my opinion down can be the easiest thing it's just remembering to do it is the hard part. In High School, I was required to write ALOT of papers and read ALOT of books; I made it, but this class is definitely more enjoyable. I even enjoyed reading my first book for college! The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot was very interesting and I've never heard a story quite like it. The thought of someone dying then scientist basically continue to steal her reproducing cells, but her family barely knows a thing and they didn't even offer them free health insurance is crazy. I couldn't put the book down because I was always interested to see what happens next and I even learned a few new words from the reading. I advise everyone to read it and that's probably the best idea for passing this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment